Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, March 20



Mark 4:21
21 He said to them, ‘Is a lamp brought in to be put under the bushel basket, or under the bed, and not on the lampstand?

Light is often used as a symbol in the Bible, in movies, in books, and in life.  Light represents good, rebirth, the search for knowledge, God, and Christianity.  The light motif is one that is often paired with darkness so light and dark become very powerful symbols of life and death.  Life, love, wisdom, rebirth, and godliness are represented by light in many creative works. We also hear of people looking at light at the moment of death and there are many descriptions of heaven in Revelation that describe it with dazzling light.  In addition, Jesus tells us in the gospel of Matthew, “I am the light of the world.” Jesus represents all of these things to us.  I am so very thankful that Jesus is the light of my life and of all other Christians.  Here is a verse from one of my favorite Cursillo songs that celebrates the light of Jesus. (We also used this song at my Dad's funeral last week.)

Shine Jesus shine
Fill this land with the Father's glory
Blaze, Spirit blaze,
Set our hearts on fire
Flow, river flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy
Send forth Your word
Lord and let there be light.

Lord I come to Your awesome presence,
From the shadows into Your radiance,
By the blood I may enter Your brightness,
Search me, try me, consume all my darkness,
Shine on me. Shine on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment