Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday, March 22



Psalm 23:6
6 Surely* goodness and mercy* shall follow me
   all the days of my life



This verse is one from Psalm 23 that many people know, but I am going to take it in a different way for this meditation.
One of my favorite authors, Debbie MacComber, has written a series of books about angels named Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, who visit humans to help with prayer requests from Earth.  The angels love to visit Earth, but sometimes make missteps because they are not accustomed to human behavior. They move buildings and huge ships, keep people from doing the wrong thing, or make people meet “by accident.” 

I love that the angels want to help people with their prayer requests so much that often they throw caution to the wind in the interest of helping someone.  Sometimes St. Peter gets frustrated with them and recalls them to heaven to scold them; however, in the books in this series I always find much joy in their antics.

I believe in angels because I have felt their presence at many times in my life and I know they are God’s way of giving us reassurance during our darkest times.  Angels often dwell among us in the form of a friend or sometimes as a stranger.  

Those people who have found a thin space in which they are able to connect our world to God’s heavenly kingdom are rare and worthy to be treasured. Blessed be all God’s angels and let me be an angel to someone on his or her journey. Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment