Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday, March 14




 Psalm 95:1
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
   let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! 

I simply love to sing. Notice I did not say that I was a good singer, but I do truly love to sing. I sing along with the radio and my country hits. I can croon an oldie from the 60s. I love to carol during the Christmas season. I have lifted up my voice in many Christian praise songs at Cursillo and at church.  I sing the traditional hymns of the Baptist churches from my past.  I belt out silly pop songs from the 80s.  I know how to chant the Psalms and can even do some Taize songs in Latin.  And if I hear a number from a musical which I have seen, I have been known to burst into song at a moment’s notice.

God wants us to sing and use our voices for praise to him, but I also love to sing because it makes me feel good.  Singing makes me joyful and happy most of the time; sometimes it can make me sad, but in a good way.  I have lots of favorite songs and to my husband’s amazement, I can sing lots of songs after hearing them only once or twice.  Singing for me is a way to worship God and to celebrate life.  I sing in the shower, and in the car, and with the television, and in church, and lots of other places.  I can’t sing the descant in the choir or hit a high C, but I can raise my voice in prayer and praise to God.  I hope that my singing shows other my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment