Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday, March 17




This quote is from St. Patrick’s Breastplate and it is what I have chosen to do today’s meditation on rather than the scripture.

From St. Patrick’s Breastplate

 Christ be with me, Christ within me,  
         Christ behind me, Christ before me,  
      Christ beside me, Christ to win me,  
         Christ to comfort and restore me,  
      Christ beneath me, Christ above me,  
         Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,  
      Christ in hearts of all that love me,  
         Christ in mouth of friend and stranger. 


These lines of poetry speak to me because they remind me all things that Christ is to me.  He is with me holding my hand in times of stress and within my heart at all times.  He has been with me in the past and will be there for me in the future. Christ is my brother who walks beside me and he is my savior who gave his life to win salvation for my soul. He is the Great Comforter and will restore my soul—all I have to do is to remember to ask.  Christ is there to support me and there for me to praise.  Christ is with me when I hear the still, small voice and when I am in danger and afraid.  I know that Christ lives in so many people especially my friends and family, yet I also recognize people being Christ-like for me who are acquaintances and strangers.  Christ is powerful and all these things he does for me reminds me of his mighty power and steadfast love for me and all of us.  Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment