Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday, March 24



Mark 5:34
 34 He said to her, ‘Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.’

Faith has made me well. I have not really had a tough life. Yes, my parents got divorced when I was in high school and I sure thought it was the end of the world then, but it wasn’t.  I had faith and I was healed of my broken heart.  I went through the teenage angst of not having a boyfriend and then the college rollercoaster ride of having a boyfriend. Again a broken heart, but in different circumstances, but my faith healed those broken pieces, too.  I was so fortunate to not have a family member that I knew die until I was 27 years old. My great grandmother, Ma Scoggins, died in the spring of 1995; again my heart was broken for myself and for my grandmother, dad, and aunt—and again God healed it.  Over the next few years there were more deaths and a family feud that broke my heart, but in time, faith triumphed again.  My faith journey has not been an easy one, as I have definitely raged and railed at God about various things that did not work out the way I thought they should; however, I have seen and felt God’s presence in my life.  I have had faith and it has made me well.  

This song that I first heard on a kid’s Psalty Christian Music tape has stuck with me in times of distress and reminded me to have faith in my God. Listen to it here. http://mp3truck.net/play/WXBZaTZCOXpXQVk-103/psalty-i-cast-all-my-cares-upon-you-with.html
I cast all my cares upon you,
I lay all of my burdens down at Your feet
And  any time I don’t know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment