Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday, March 28



1 Corinthians 9:22-23

I have become all things to all people, so that I might by any means save some. 23 I do it all for the sake of the gospel, so that I may share in its blessings.

Sometimes I try to be all things to all people and fail miserably, but Paul points out that he does this to try and save some even if he can’t save all.  I try to reach out to people in my life by calling, texting, Facebooking, and sending cards. And I do a pretty good job with that; however, I sometimes overlook those people who are with me because I focus on people who are far away.  During Lent, I am trying to be more intentional with my relationships to family and friends. I want to remember St. Benedict’s teaching of being present to everyone.  It is often too easy to get online with virtual friends and family and forget to be present for the people who are actually with you.  I hope that by attending the Wednesday night Lenten series at St. Thomas and continuing to reach out to people in Huntsville that I can be more present not only for people in my life, but for God as well.  The gospels tell us of many wonderful blessings that God has done for us through Jesus. I hope that I can use my presence to be a blessing to others during Lent and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment